John Shanahan, Civil Engineer, Editor of allaboutenergy.net and efn-usa.org: The History Colorado Center in Denver sponsored a fall foliage trip from Denver to the San Luis Valley in south central Colorado with two train rides of early mountain train routes. There were three official tour guides with lots of historical information. The tour guests were invited to add historical and geological information. John Shanahan added information mainly for Pueblo. This city was very important in the development of the west and in contributing to the war effort in WW II. Pueblo did this through energy from coal and steel production. In the United States steel production and use of coal has become very unpopular by groups working to stop use of fossil fuels and heavy industry like steel manufacturing.. They want that done out of sight and care less about environmental impact in Asia. The dominant thinking in Colorado in the Front Range cities is to stop use of fossil fuels and use instead wind and solar energy, a solution that doesn't work for Colorado and most of the world. In preparing this presentation, John Shanahan included important events in Pueblo related to this energy struggle. We hope you enjoy this photo essay about the history of Colorado and its mountain and biological beauty.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate Change Timeline - Fear Equals Finding (Rich Winkel) USofA
- Mickey Mouse Climate Change Scientist - Reduce Population (Martin Armstrong, Armstrong Economics) USofA
- Bushfire Sense (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia
- Germany Pulls Plug On Wind Energy (Pierre Gosselin) Germany
- The new vulnerability for humanity (John Shanahan) USofA