Sanjeev Sabhlok, Economist: By the time India became independent, socialism was on the ascendant. Further, British rule had not been able to separate the jurisdiction of the state from religion – instead, it had engendered confusion through the concept of “juristic personhood” for idols. Given such conflicted circumstances, we probably did well enough to get our 1950 Constitution for our First Republic. But in comparison with what the Constitution of an ideal liberal state should look like, it leaves much to be desired.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Greta Memes (Donna Laframboise) Canada
- Climate Activists Aren't Joking - The Green Reich (Donna Laframboise, Drieu Godefridi) Canada Belgiium
- COP25 Madrid (Judith Curry, John Droz, AWED Newsletter) USA Spain
- Greta Thunberg at COP25 Part 1 Sweden Spain
- Videos on Man-Made Global Warming, Fossil Fuels, the Environment and Agriculture by Patrick Moore Canada