Rich Lowry, Editor of National Review: The youthful climate activists claim they’ve been sold out by their elders. Greta Thunberg put it with her usual accusatory starkness at the U.N.: “You are failing us, but young people are starting to understand your betrayal.” This is laughable. By no global measure of social and economic well-being have we failed kids. According to HumanProgress.org, the global poverty rate fell from 28 percent in 1999 to 11 percent in 2013. Life expectancy increased from 63.2 years to 71.9 years from 1981 to 2015. The completion rate for primary school increased from 80 percent in 1981 to 90 percent in 2015. The same benign trends hold for hunger, child labor, literacy.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Explanation of man-made CO2 for nuclear experts (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Fear of Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming. Is it justified? (Ed Berry, Will Happer, Howard Cork Hayden, Jay Lehr, John Shanahan) USofA
- A few notes about energy to Jurica Dujmovic at MarketWatch. (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA - Fossil fuels and nuclear are bad (Jurica Dujmovic)
- Nuclear spent fuel (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Rebellion against Reason (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia