Richard McPherson, electrical power and grid security expert He is pursuing executable humanitarian solutions under the nexus of agriculture, water and energy: Reportedly Americans are fully employed; yet the interest-bearing national debt is $22.5 trillion and increasing. In 2018, total United States (US) trade with other countries was $5.6 trillion. US exported $2.5 trillion and imported $3.1 trillion. A difference of just $0.5 trillion. Not much of a difference to reduce the increasing interest-bearing national debt. Supposedly there are no more Americans available to join the workforce. Or are there? In 2018, according to the Labor Department 95 million Americans were “not in the labor force”. At the same time, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported low labor force participation was causing a lower gross domestic product (GDP) and lower tax revenues. The lower labor force also causes increased demands on taxpayer dollars from federal support programs. What now?
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate change is already here. 2020 could be your last chance to stop an apocalypse (Los Angeles Times) USofA
- NEWZROOM AFRIKA interview about nuclear power and nuclear medicine with Dr Kelvin Kemm - South Africa
- Another endangered species (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia
- Buckets of icy cold reality (Paul Driessen) USofA
- The Age of Reason Is in the Stars! (Helga Zepp-LaRouche) Germany