Bill Gates, Microsoft: Many people without reliable access to electricity live in rural villages where even health clinics can’t count on having power. After an outage, doctors sometimes have no way of telling whether the life-saving vaccines in their refrigerators have spoiled. It can be even more stressful if a power outage occurs at night. Sometimes health workers have no choice but to treat patients by candlelight, or by the light of a mobile phone.
Latest from John Shanahan
- The evolution of education graphic with comments by Bruno Comby - France
- This Land Is The Only Land There Is (Robinson Meyer, The Atlantic) USofA
- If You Want ‘Renewable Energy,’ Get Ready to Dig (Mark P. Mills) USofA
- Picking the winners in nuclear (The Hill, Zabrina Johal) USofA
- Baltimore city schools and administration (John Eidson) USofA