Jonathan Lesser, Economist, President, Continental Economics: Nuclear power provides valuable benefits. It is highly reliable, emissions-free, and offers far greater power densities than renewable resources. It has proved its value in extreme weather events, when fossil-fuel generation has been unable to deliver because of supply constraints and operational issues. It also provides additional diversity, which can reduce the adverse impacts of fuel price shocks. At this time, the best hope for the nuclear industry appears to be SMR technology.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Comment on UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (Eric Jelinski) Canada
- Climate Change Timeline - Fear Equals Finding (Rich Winkel) USofA
- Mickey Mouse Climate Change Scientist - Reduce Population (Martin Armstrong, Armstrong Economics) USofA
- Bushfire Sense (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia
- Germany Pulls Plug On Wind Energy (Pierre Gosselin) Germany