Articles on Contrepoints - 2017 (Michel Gay) France French Français
11.Jul.2019 John Shanahan
Michel Gay, l'Association des écologistes pour le nucléaire (AEPN): This is an excellent collection of articles by Michel Gay in 2017 on nuclear energy and fossil fuels and related topics.
France is truly a beautiful country with diverse geography, wonderful towns and cities, well designed and maintained transportation networks, great universities, plentiful nuclear power, outstanding used fuel recycling and radioactive waste storage programs. France has led the world with their nuclear energy program. China and Russia are the new leaders. The United States is preparing to close their nuclear plants with no plan to replace most of them. The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission is finally going through the motions to license small modluar reactors. Where will the American SMR program lead? The licensing has already cost an unnecessary huge fortune. What a shame. This is due to American politicians letting extreme anti-nuclear activists have their way since the 1970s. Russia and China may have better ways of dealing with extreme anti-nuclear power and extreme environmentalist organizations. There is only one reason that the true total cost of nuclear is more than any other energy source - artificial and unnecessary extra safety systems, safety procedures and lack of recycling used fuel and storage of a small amount of actual radioactive waste programs.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Explanation of man-made CO2 for nuclear experts (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Fear of Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming. Is it justified? (Ed Berry, Will Happer, Howard Cork Hayden, Jay Lehr, John Shanahan) USofA
- A few notes about energy to Jurica Dujmovic at MarketWatch. (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA - Fossil fuels and nuclear are bad (Jurica Dujmovic)
- Nuclear spent fuel (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Rebellion against Reason (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia