Rob Jeffrey, Independent Economic Risk Consultant: South Africa is now (2018) in a recession, the fact is that South Africa does not have the financial resources to revitalise itself. The country suffers from a low savings rate and the government has no money to undertake the task of renewal and development itself. The only means to forge ahead is to make the country attractive to both domestic and foreign investment. Yet there are wild calls for expropriation without compensation, nationalisation of various industries, including one of the most damaging of the lot nationalising the SA reserve bank or using it as a pot of gold. These calls if they are implemented or gather in strength will drive South Africa into an economic death spiral similar to Zimbabwe and Venezuela.
One of South Africa’s key electricity technology energy advisors is a German renewable energy expert and supplier of German wind turbine equipment. Unbelievable. That highlights the desperate situation South African energy is in. German national energy programs based on wind and solar are only one natural crisis away from being in a disastrous situation.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Climate Change Timeline - Fear Equals Finding (Rich Winkel) USofA
- Mickey Mouse Climate Change Scientist - Reduce Population (Martin Armstrong, Armstrong Economics) USofA
- Bushfire Sense (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia
- Germany Pulls Plug On Wind Energy (Pierre Gosselin) Germany
- The new vulnerability for humanity (John Shanahan) USofA