Leon Louw, Co-Founder and Executive Director of the Free Market Foundation: If we want prosperity, we must have huge coal and nuclear power investments. Why does the government take irrational proposals seriously? It may be the victim of a new kind of “Guptas out, IPPs in” state capture. IPPs spend fortunes on propaganda. We do not face a binary choice between renewables and coal/nuclear. The Daft IRP is a 180 degree reversal of the preceding IRP. The lesson to be learned is that the future is unknowable, that what’s needed is humility, to which end the government should replace the biased proposal with a balanced role for all options.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Explanation of man-made CO2 for nuclear experts (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Fear of Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming. Is it justified? (Ed Berry, Will Happer, Howard Cork Hayden, Jay Lehr, John Shanahan) USofA
- A few notes about energy to Jurica Dujmovic at MarketWatch. (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA - Fossil fuels and nuclear are bad (Jurica Dujmovic)
- Nuclear spent fuel (Howard Cork Hayden) USofA
- Rebellion against Reason (Viv Forbes, Saltbush Club) Australia